Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Favorite Blog Posts This Week

I haven't checked in on my favorite blogs lately, so when I looked yesterday I found a ton of really fantastic posts! They are way too amazing to keep to myself, so I thought I would highlight some of the best. These have not all been posted this week, but I discovered them this week, so it still counts. :P

The first is "Writing on the Web" on The Daily Simple. In this post, Aubrey writes about some lessons she has been learning concerning her writing. She has some really great ideas. I was reminded that writing should not be stressful, and sometimes it's better to leave something half finished and come back to it later with fresh eyes.

"Can You Read Emotions? on A Cup of Jo. This was so fascinating! "New studies have found that if people read literary fiction for even a few minutes (as opposed to popular fiction or serious nonfiction), they perform better on tests measuring empathy and emotional intelligence." I also took the quiz that finds out how well you can pinpoint people's emotions just by seeing their eyes, and got 30/36.

"Work in Progress" on Vintage Lolipops. This blog is where artist Bella Harris shares updates on her artwork. She is such an amazing artist! I'm completely inspired. This "work in progress" is so wonderful. Here is another one of my favorites from her.

"Photo an Hour" on The Dainty Squid. This is a project I have been thinking about doing for a while now. Maybe sometime I'll have to try it! Too cool :)

"Our Home // kitchen before and after" on Delightfully Tacky. I'm a huge fan of their kitchen. I love chalkboard painted walls any day. :) Plus, her entire blog is amazing, so you should check it out!

"Art Journaling" on Everyday is a Holiday. This couple does various forms of art for a living, and I was super inspired by all these art journal pages! I follow them on pinterest as well, and they post a lot of cool stuff.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...