Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Writing: Floating Forest

The city lights glimmered against the ocean, the reflection disrupted only by a solitary ship gliding through. She stood tall on the bow, holding onto nothing as she let the breeze sweep her hair back. Afraid to shatter the perfect silence, I stayed where I was, half hidden by the low hanging tree branches. It was the image of a dream, and I couldn’t bring myself to believe that something this surreal could be true. When she told me she lived in a floating forest, I thought she was crazy. But no, here it was, just like she said.

When all traces of civilization were long forgotten, she turned to me. “Come with me,” she said, smiling mischievously as she brushed past me and into the thick forest. She strode through the undergrowth gracefully despite the complete absence of light. I could tell she knew this ship and all that dwelt on it with her. They were one. I could hear her running her fingers over the leaves as she passed, like a mother lovingly caressing the face of her child.
//
Credit for the inspiration goes to:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/2d9b751af4ef192284b17415a3412152/tumblr_mtraopoG1M1qee12to1280.jpg_
Credit for the photo goes to:
http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-152056-stock-footage-reflexes-of-city-lights-in-river-s-water.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...