Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ranting (spoiler alert: French phrase at the end :D)

Apparently it's possible to be too cool. Now I'm not trying to sound spiteful or critical, but seriously. When you're meeting your girlfriends buds for the first time, don't treat them like they're stupid, it's a bit of a turn off.
Those are my words of wisdom for the day. See, one of my very dearest friends started going out with this guy a month or so ago, and we all hung out with him today for the first time. (well I'd met him before, but it didn't make much difference) and he definitely seemed to think we were all nutcases! Like, I pride myself in being a little strange once in a while, and sure I like to act childish on occasion, but no need to look down on me because of it! It was kinda humiliating/spirit-killing. Like everyone was really reserved and awkward because they didn't want any weird looks. It was lame. And my boyfriend was working so he wasn't there to be goofy and put everyone at ease. (he's great at that!) but oh well. Guess you can't win them all. I'm just proud of myself for not completely caving to criticism like usual! Yay me! I continued to be myself when the world said no. :) so happy day. (or "heureux jour", which is French) (wonder if I spelled that right...) anyway, goodbye my lovelies!!

~Brie

P.S.: This is me, in all my French splendor. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...