Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Bored List


Boredom seems to be my lot in life some days. I find myself sitting on the couch having absolutely no ideas about what to do. And that's lame. That's like a sundae with lame sauce all over it. That's how lame it is. But worse than being bored is being bored but having this urge to do something specific. Nothing but that one thing will satisfy the strange impulse, and no matter what, that one thing cannot be found. Ugh, I get frustrated just thinking about it! Hence, a list of fun things to force myself to do when I'm in this state if mind:

*Have a movie marathon
*Do something unexpected...
*Look up YouTube videos (I suggest Julian Smith or Three Year Old Crying Over Justin Bieber)
*Sing a song! (Even if you can't sing. In fact, especially if you can't sing haha!)
*Laugh
*Find creative ways to encourage someone (like a card or a cake, or a random puppy...)
*Color a picture
*DO SOMETHING!!
*Do something to praise God
*Have a bubble bath (seriously, when's the last time you did that?)
*Graffiti something
*When talking to someone, stop and actually listen to what they have to say.
*Go to a movie
*Say hi to a random stranger (this is super fun cuz some will be super happy, and some will wonder what you're smoking haha!)
*Write a poem (or rap) about being bored
*Make hot chocolate and share it with a friend
*Think deeply.
*Make a masterpiece
*Look for funny or profound quotes on google
*Write the story of your life
*Appreciate nature
*Appreciate dust bunnies
*Go sledding (who cares if it's seasonally appropriate? Slide down the stairs on a cushion in the summer!)
*Be random.
*Make a pizza!
*Come up with more things for this list.

I've done a good portion of those already. I won't tell you which ones, I'll leave that to your imagination. ;) but try them out! They are seriously insanely fun. Some of them may seem lame, but once you get going, boredom is out the window! Hey, that reminds me of a song! "Hit the road Jack, and don't come back, no more no more no more no more!" Yeah... I don't even try to comprehend what goes on in my head anymore. Haha! But this, my dears, is my advice for the day: Don't Be Bored. Simple as that.

~Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...