Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Life Feels Like a Soap Opera


"Hello, and welcome to another episode of, "What Was Up With That Last Blog? It Was Uncharacteristically Moody!" Last week, Brie was uncharacteristically moody and wrote about the age old question, "What is love?" This week...

Here's a little background on the last blog entry. Oo! Inside scoop! See, my boyfriend and I were not quite on the same page. And we didn't know exactly what was wrong, but he randomly asked me, "Do you know what love is?" This stumped me, and I was really moody because things were very uncertain and I was a bit scared. Turns our, I was wondering why he wouldn't talk to me or anything, and why whenever we talked it was just silly trivial things and never anything deeper. I guess he was wondering why I wouldn't cuddle with him, hold his hand enough, or go on enough dates with him. We talked about this very rationally and respectfully, and we both decided to just be friends. I think the problem was I was holding back too much. But here's why: in my heart (and unbeknownst to me) he was still just a buddy. I always felt awkward being cuddly with him because I still saw him in that light. See, now I know! I wished I would have clued in sooner. We could have reverted back to friends much easier if I would have seen it sooner. But it might not be too difficult, considering we never really kissed or had a deep intimacy. I just hope his feelings weren't hurt too badly.
My friends so far have all been really comforting. Which is nice, but I don't think I need sympathy. I am convincing myself that I am not losing him; he'll still be around and we'll still hang out. I will miss whatever romantic element we had, but I think that years from now we'll look back and wonder what on earth we were thinking! Then we'll chuckle and take a swig of... orange pop. :) he's still one of my best guy friends (at least I really hope), and I feel like my life has been put back in order, so all is well. Until...

"Tune in next time as we reveal what Brie mysteriously finds in her dresser drawer..." haha! ;)

~Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...