Monday, February 4, 2013

Today the Easel, Tomorrow the World!

I've always been super fascinated with street art. I don't know about you, but when I see a really well thought out mural, or even graffiti, I can't help but appreciate it. There was a quote I once found that says,
 
"It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or carve a statue, and so make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look. To affect the quality of the day- that is the highest of arts."
 
That was said by Henry David Thoreau. I actually used this as a theme for another post I wrote called, The Guerilla Artist. If you end up enjoying this post immensely, you may wish to explore it.
Anyways, I've been scouring the Internet, looking for some of my favorite specimens of this art form. There are some really funny ones, but also some that make you stop and think. Both are amazing in their way, and affect the quality of the day, which is why we make art in the first place, am I right?
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are just a few of the absolutely epic art that people are out there making. Isn't that incredible? One day you may see one as you go about your regular business. It's inspiring. I'm definitely going to find a way to do this too. Just to make some stranger's day. :) Also, If you come across a cool art display or make some street art of your own, feel free to send it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...