Saturday, August 22, 2015

Open Eyes

by Brie
 
Alone, in the night
     I shiver.
Shadows stretch toward
        me from dark corners,
   slowly closing in on
my last glimmer of hope.
I grow smaller, begging
  my covers to envelop
    me
  but they offer no such
        refuge.
"Help..." I force my lips
    to plead. "Save me..."
         Fear grips me.
Then the black collapses
   and I open my
       eyes.
Your face is
      next to mine.
Your body a protective
    shield around me.
           I exhale.
You were always here,
         living in and
     throughout me
Ready to be seen
  if only I would
      open
           my
              eyes.



 

1 comment:

  1. Iron chain iron chain-iron chain iron chain
    Iron chain iron chain iron chain iron chain iron titanium knife chain iron properties of titanium chain iron chain iron chain iron chain iron chain iron chain iron chain iron titanium trim as seen on tv chain iron chain chain iron chain iron titanium belly rings chain chain iron chain iron titanium guitar chords chain iron chain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...