Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Ant-agonist

This is a fairly accurate depiction of how I was.
Well, I survived my first ant infestation in a tropical country today.

It all started when I was sitting on my bed, very calm, minding my own business, when I noticed a thick trail of hundreds of ants marching down the curtains and onto my bedspread. So naturally, I panicked and ran screaming.

Once I composed myself and returned to my room, I realized the invasion was much more advanced than previously thought. I knew something had to be done. With the help of my ever faithful mother and father, and my massacre-happy brother, we battled the imposing troops tirelessly. We stomped at the front lines, and sprayed peppermint in every region we could access. However, it seemed that for every ant we killed, two more took its place. Finally, we reached the turning point when my father sprayed chemicals along the outside of my window. The ants made a hasty retreat, and the day was saved.

Despite our massive victory, I am still in exile; a refugee in my own home. Since it's getting late, I am to spend the night in the guest room/study until we can make a post-war assessment of my room. I only hope the senseless violence does not follow me here...

Wish me luck as I brave the night alone.

2 comments:

  1. An ant or two here or there aren't too bad, but in the masses they're quite alarming! Hope you get rid of them soon.

    Thanks for your comment and kind words about my writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so too! And you are very welcome :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...