Friday, September 7, 2012

Poetry and Stuff...

The Edge
By Brianna Bute
 
I stand on the edge,
Peering at the vast world below,
Dreading the moment I leave my cozy nest,
When everything I’ve ever known,
Will be only happy memories.
 
Do I jump?
Will I fall?
Consumed by indecision
 I turn and spot the future
Creeping up on me.
 
Filled with sudden courage,
I turn to face the world,
Don’t look down,
Don’t look down…
I close my eyes real tight,

And leap!
 
 
SO... Hey there! This poem is something I whipped up for the first ever assignment of my English 30-1 Classs! <Don't ask me why there are three "S"s... Anyways, I'm not sure if it can be considered good poetry, but I like it, so that's always good. :)
There are 3 new things that have happened recently:
1) I have recently purchased a laptop. With this new-fangled gadget I will be able to write to you much more easily! Yay!
2) I have moved. Whether this is a "yay" or "nay" I haven't yet decided... I will let you know. It's smaller, which is lame BUT there's not as much house to clean. I can walk to school which is nice BUT also not, because I'm lazy. ;)
3) I have entered the fantastical world of Grade 12! Woo hoo! I'm happy, but also a little nervous. You probably gathered that from the poem, but whatever, I told you again!
Yeah.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...